Termites are the most destructive and dangerous insects among all insects. In few years, they ruin your place, and the destruction of these insects is not even noticeable for almost 4 to 5 years. Keep in mind that your one of the important investment is your home and it is your duty to protect him from every type of damage. So, below are the complete guides who tell you how to kill termites?
- Tracking infestation
This is the first and foremost step taken by you. In this step, you have to look for signs and see which area is infested. Even if the termites cover the small area then don’t ignore this sign and take quick steps to kill them.
- Besides this, before going for any treatment, you should know the types of termites in your house. There are two types of termites i.e. subterranean and dry wood termites.
- Both the types of termites are dangerous and quite different methods are used to kill them. So, after knowing about their various kinds you can use effective methods according to their type.
- DIY methods
DIY methods are effective as they mainly include natural and non-toxic ways to kill termites and through this you will know how to kill termites yourself. The various DIY methods are listed below:
- You can use cardboard trap as this technique is an excellent spot treatment. Just place a cardboard anywhere in your house and burn it down when it is infested by termites.
- Nematodes can also be used to kill them. Use these small worms as they feed on insects and fungus and thus help you in termite’s thing.
- Either expose the infested area to sunlight or freeze the infested area. Termites are temperature sensitive, and they hate cold and hot temperature.
Keep in mind that these home based methods are effective, but it will not solve your problems completely. These methods are useful when the infestation is not severe.
- Go for professionals
Professional help is required when the termite become a big problem. Many companies offer services regarding pest control. Also, they know what to do and what not to do and use efficient products and equipment regarding pest control. But there are following things which you should consider before going for a professional:
- You should go through the quotes of these service providers and companies.
- Choose those companies who are the master in their work and whose services are excellent.
- Make sure that you should obtain an agreement from the company in which it is written that they will provide your appropriate services for two years.
- Preventing future infestation
After the treatment, one should maintain his/her home so that it will not again get infested by the termites. And for this, one should:
- Keep his/her home dry and clean.
- Remove woods from their property.
- If there is any crack in your home, then one should seal it.
- Pest repellent should be used.
I think you get an idea about how to kill termites. Hope so the high content helps you regarding your termite problem.